April 17, 2020Loan Officer, Origination
5 Work-from-Home Wellness Strategies
Working from home because you want to feels very different from working from home because you have to. After the initial novelty of a 30-second commute from the bedroom to your home office wears off, you may find yourself feeling distracted or even a little disoriented. These five strategies can help you cope.
- Create boundaries.
Now that you’re working from home full-time, it can be easy to lose sight of where work ends and home begins. Do what you can to carve out some space just for work and some just for living – every little bit helps.
- Institute a “no laptop in bed” rule.
- Get dressed. You don’t have to don business casual, but during work hours, pants with a zipper can help you get your head in the game.
- Using the dining table as a desk? Clear it completely of work paraphernalia, throw on a tablecloth, and light a few candles when it’s dinner time.
- Stay connected.
Without your coworkers in close proximity, communication can quickly become “all business.” Do your best to maintain the social side of workplace interactions. A little effort can go a long way toward keeping the team dynamic intact.
- Call a few colleagues for a quick catch-up.
- Create a Slack channel to share inspiration, funny memes, or random chats.
- Schedule a Zoom happy hour, trivia night, or other activity.
- Keep moving.
Working from the couch is much comfier than sitting at a desk all day, but that makes it no less important to take breaks and move around. Make a point to schedule some down time during the work day and use it to squeeze in some exercise.
- Google “yoga poses for office workers” and try a few postures.
- Fight the 3pm slump with your favorite fast-paced song and some jumping jacks.
- Go for a walk and do some light stretching or do a 30-minute virtual workout.
- Keep learning.
Under ordinary circumstances, it can be difficult to find the time to fit in professional development. Now is the perfect opportunity to make up for it. Learning something new can stave off boredom, keep your brain engaged, and give you renewed enthusiasm for your job.
- Read up on the latest news happening in your industry.
- Enroll in an online class or sign up for a free webinar – there are lots of resources that can help improve your skill set.
- Join a professional association or reach out to someone in your industry who can help your growth.
- Get support.
It may be a while before things can get completely back to normal, so if you find yourself struggling with persistent anxiety, a lack of concentration, or other hard-to-overcome feelings, don’t be afraid to seek help.
- Read up on techniques for managing stress and consider using a daily meditation app to practice mental fitness. Even simple breathing exercises can help.
- Talk to your friends and family about how you are feeling. A pep talk always helps – even when you have to ask for it.
- Contact your HR department for info on employee assistance programs or employee resource groups that may be available to you.
Working from home can, over time, leave you feeling down. With a little forethought and planning, you can create a healthy at-home work environment that sets you up for long-term success.
Case Study: E-Closing & Remote Online Notarization (RON)
The need for lenders and borrowers to conduct loan transactions safely during the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need for low-contact and no-contact closings. Learn how Radian facilitated innovative remote closing services for one of the largest commercial banks in the U.S.
Mortgage Disruption Outlook
Key takeaways from the HW Spring Summit 2021 Mortgage Disruption Outlook panel.
Radian Technology in Action
Amid a global pandemic that has accelerated the demand and need for digital products and services, we are at the forefront, delivering new and better ways to manage credit risk and execute real estate transactions.
Podcast: 2020 Home Prices Year-in-Review
Dive deeper into 2020 real estate market trends with a year-in-review of data from the Radian HPI.
Working in 2021: Mortgage Lenders Speak Out
Radian polled executives and senior leaders within mortgage companies to share their evolving action plans, implemented responses, and their future plans for work environments.
Meet the Faces of Title: Part 2
Meet additional members of the Radian Title Services sales and operations teams.
Are You Ready for URLA Updates?
According to the GSEs, the new Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) is designed to enhance data quality, improve consistency and clarity, and strengthen the entire application process.
Podcast: The Accelerated Digitization of Title
Learn how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital solutions in the title industry.
Meet the Radian Bots
Learn about Robotic Process Automation and the "bots" that assist Radian's operations teams.
Podcast: Home Prices in the Pandemic
Six months into the U.S. COVID-19 pandemic, how is the housing market faring?