Notice of Insurance Information Practices
Radian’s Commitment to Privacy:
We are committed to honoring our relationship with our customers with great care, beginning with protecting your borrowers’ privacy. This Notice of Insurance Information Practices discloses our information use policies and practices with respect to personal information Radian obtains in connection with insurance transactions by Radian Group Inc. (“Radian”) affiliates.
We will safeguard, in accordance with applicable law, any borrower information that our customers share with us, or that we obtain for the purpose of completing insurance transactions initiated by or on behalf of our customers. At Radian, our employees have access to personally identifiable borrower information only if there is a specific
If you terminate your relationship with Radian, or if your relationship with a particular borrower terminates, we will nonetheless continue to adhere to our privacy policies and practices with respect to any nonpublic borrower information provided to us prior to such termination.
Why Radian Collects Information:
Radian collects information about borrowers to:
- Accurately identify a borrower;
- Accurately identify the location, character and value of a property securing a mortgage loan;
- Determine eligibility for mortgage guaranty insurance and related products;
- Service, administer and enforce mortgage guaranty insurance and related products;
- Administer borrower and customer records and accounts;
- Provide services to our customers; and
- Comply with certain laws and regulations
- Information listed on mortgage loan applications, mortgage insurance application, and other related forms (such as borrower names, addresses, social security number, income, and assets and liabilities);
- Radian affiliates on transactions borrowers have conducted with those companies (information such as loan balances and payment histories);
- Nonaffiliated third parties (details of transactions into which borrowers have entered with such third parties, including account balances and payment histories);
- Credit reporting agencies (information such as borrower’s credit worthiness and credit history); and
- Public sources such as federal, state or local records (information such as property, mortgage and other lien information)
Information We Share:
We may disclose information about borrowers to:
- Radian affiliates (in order to complete transactions initiated by or on behalf of our customers, to administer, service, and enforce such transactions, in response to a customer request or customer authorization of disclosure, or if the disclosure is required or otherwise permitted by law).
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf (“Third Party Service Providers”).
- Non-affiliated third parties, including credit reporting agencies, mortgage lenders, or actuarial or research organizations (for fraud or risk control purposes or otherwise in accordance with standard private mortgage insurance, title insurance and mortgage underwriting industry practices and applicable law).
- Insurance regulatory authorities, law enforcement authorities and other government authorities (to protect the interests of Radian in preventing or prosecuting suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Radian, our customers or others); and
- To other entities, as permitted or required by law, including in response to an administrative or judicial order, search warrant or subpoena.
We do not sell borrower lists or individual borrower information.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about borrowers in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Security Procedures to Protect Information:
Radian is committed to maintaining the security of borrowers’ nonpublic personal information. Radian has implemented and maintains a comprehensive information security program designed to: (i) ensure the security and confidentiality of confidential information; (ii) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of confidential information; and (iii) protect against unauthorized access to or use of confidential information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any borrower. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about borrowers to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to our customers. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our borrower information and to assure the integrity of our information.
Access to Personal Information:
Please note that upon written request, your borrowers may have the right to obtain a copy of the personally identifiable information Radian maintains concerning them, request correction or deletion of any disputed or other personal information and other rights, in accordance with applicable states law including, but not limited to, the North Carolina Insurance Information and Privacy Protection Act and the California Consumer Privacy Act.