This Notice is meant to provide our title insurance customers with information about Radian Group Inc. and its subsidiaries’, (including but not limited to, Radian Settlement Services Inc., and Radian Title Insurance Inc.) (collectively “Radian,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) Privacy Practices, when it comes to the Nonpublic Personal Information that we need to collect from You when You apply for or obtain a title insurance policy with us.
Title V of the Gramm‐Leach‐Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Radian.
“Insured” means a natural person who has obtained an Insurance Policy from us that is to be used for personal, family, or household purposes.
“Nonpublic Personal Information” means any personally identifiable financial information that Radian collects about its Insureds in order to quote, bind and administer claims in connection with an Insurance Policy. Nonpublic Personal Information does not include any information that is Publicly Available.
“Publicly Available” means information made available to the public via federal, state, or local government records (i.e., the filing of a mortgage on a property). Publicly Available also includes information that is contained in widely distributed media and made available to the general public on an unrestricted basis, even if there is a fee for access or a password protected access to the media (i.e., telephone books, newspapers, and websites),
“You” or “Your” means an Insured.
III. Radian’s Information Collection Practices Overview
Radian offers a range of products and services, including mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services. To provide these services, we may collect and process both personal and non-personal information from our customers. It is our policy to only obtain the Personal Information that is absolutely necessary to provide our services to You and to limit the access to customer Personal Information to only those individuals who need it to serve our customers’ insurance needs. We strive to provide the best service and thus, certain information may also be used to maintain and improve our customer service to You. In general, we only disclose a customer’s Personal Information to our affiliates and other professionals we work with when necessary to conduct business such as processing an application for insurance, administering claims, or as required by law.
IV. Information We Collect from You
- a. Information Provided by You
When You fill out an application with us directly or register for an account online via our Insured Portal or download Our insurance application, we will collect certain Nonpublic Personal Information about You such as Your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We may also need to collect Your financial information, details about a claim that You are processing, or other information related to Your insurance policy and/or a claim.
- b. Information Provided by Your Broker or Agent or Lender
When You use an Insurance Broker or Agent to find and place Insurance Coverage, we will need to collect Your Nonpublic Personal Information from them in order to process Your application and potentially issue an Insurance Policy to You. We may also receive information from Your real estate agent or lender as needed to quote and bind Your policy.
- c. Information Provided by Consumer Reporting Agencies or Other Insurance Support Organizations
In order to quote and bind your policy, we may need to obtain additional information about you, to the extent permitted by law, such as Your credit report
- d. Information Provided by Other Insurance Companies
In order to quote and bind your policy, we may need to obtain additional information about You, to the extent permitted by law, such as Your prior insurance coverage history and current insurance coverage provided by another insurance company.
- e. Information Provided by Government Agencies or the Court
In order to quote and bind your policy, we may need to obtain additional information about You, to the extent permitted by law, such as Your driving record abstract, documents related to property ownership, criminal convictions and civil judgments.
- f. Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from our affiliates or others.
As noted above, we may need to share Your Nonpublic Personal Information for different reasons. Based on those reasons, we may share Your Nonpublic Personal Information with the following Third-Parties, including:
- a. Authorized service providers and Affiliates: We may share Your Nonpublic Personal Information with our authorized service providers and affiliates that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include relationship management software; brokers and agents, claims management providers, claims investigators, evaluators, contractors and auditors; email marketing providers; customer service providers; providers that perform business and operations analysis for us.
- b. Other Insurance Companies and Reinsurers: We may share Your Nonpublic Personal Information with other insurance companies and reinsurers in order to verify prior coverage, or obtain our own insurance coverage.
- c. State insurance regulators and government entities: Upon request or in connection with a legal reason, we may provide Your Nonpublic Personal Information to insurance regulators and other governmental entities for fraud investigations or other regulatory purposes.
- d. Non-affiliated Business partners: When You request a quote to participate in our services and programs, we may share Your Nonpublic Personal Information, with nonaffiliated businesses with which we partner to administer the services and programs (e.g., notaries, closing attorneys, brokers, evaluators, engineers, contractors).
We do not Sell Your Nonpublic Personal Information. Additionally, We do not disclose any Nonpublic Personal Information about You with anyone for any purposes that is not specifically permitted by law.
VII. How We Secure Your Nonpublic Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. Radian maintains a comprehensive Information Security Program that employs commercially available physical and IT securitization tools, including but not limited to:
- a. Commercially available and sufficient firewalls;
- b. Segmented Data Storage;
- c. Multi-factor authentication; and
- d. Policies providing for least privileged access to data across our organization.
VIII. NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS ONLY – TITLE INSURANCE INFORMATION PRACTICES NOTICE
If You are a New Jersey resident and a Potential Customer, You have the right to access and to correct all personal information collected in relation to title services under N.J. Stat. §17:23A-8 & 9. To exercise these rights, You may:
• Dial the toll-free Radian Privacy line at 1.855.949.4278;
• Send a verifiable request to Radian Privacy Request through this site’s contact us form.
Information obtained from a report prepared by an insurance-support organization may be retained by the insurance-support organization and disclosed to other persons.