February 27, 2019Asset Manager, C-Suite, Default Manager, Investor, Operations, Quality Control, Industry News, Origination, Secondary Market, Servicing
Top Takeaways from the 2019 Structured Finance Industry Group Conference
1. Economic Outlook Remains PositiveDespite 4Q18 volatility and 1Q19 government disruption, the economic outlook for 2019 remains positive. While growth is expected to ease compared to a more robust 2018, key indicators still point to a solid performance.
2. Healthy Consumer CreditTight labor markets, highlighted by low unemployment, strong job creation and accelerating wage growth, support healthy consumer credit fundamentals in 2019. Plus, consumers have meaningfully reduced their household debt-to-income since the financial crisis, placing them on more solid footing.
3. Growth in RMBSNew-issue RMBS reached a post-crisis record last year with even more growth expected in 2019—especially in the non-prime and non-qualified mortgage space. More originators are moving into closed-end second mortgage and HELOC issuance amid rising interest rates and elevated home equity.
4. Continued Home Price AccelerationWhile home price growth has been decelerating, home prices have continued to rise nationally on a year-over-year basis. Home price appreciation is forecast to continue in 2019.
5. New TechnologyBlockchain and artificial intelligence are the leading technologies powering innovation in the structured finance industry. Blockchain is a system of storing digital information in an encrypted and distributed way. Artificial Intelligence employs predictive analytics to carry out intelligent tasks in real-time. Combined, the two technologies can manage immense databases, strengthen cyber-security protocols, and make the most profitable decisions in a fraction of the time.
Radian Launched Affordable Housing Crisis White Paper
Learn more about how increasing mortgage rates, skyrocketing home costs, and a lack of supply in the market have left many wondering if they will ever be able to afford a home.
The Untapped Potential of Home Equity Lending
New trends are emerging that lenders should be aware of, including the return of home equity loans and HELOCs. Here are just three of the reasons why now is the time to take advantage of this market.
Meet the Faces of MI Operations
Leaders of Radian’s Mortgage Insurance (MI) Operations team share their insights on trends impacting the mortgage industry.
Woman of Influence: Emily Riley
Emily Riley shares insights on what it means to be a woman leader in the housing industry.
Bidding Wars, Cash Offers, Record High Prices: What You Need to Know
With bidding wars, cash offers, and record high prices, find out what you need to know about appraisal contingencies in today’s housing market.
Radian Technology in Action
Amid a global pandemic that has accelerated the demand and need for digital products and services, we are at the forefront, delivering new and better ways to manage credit risk and execute real estate transactions.
The Changing Role of HR: Leading People into the Unchartered Future
Mary Dickerson shares her key priorities as Radian’s new Chief People Officer and how the role of HR professionals has changed over time.
Are You Ready for URLA Updates?
According to the GSEs, the new Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) is designed to enhance data quality, improve consistency and clarity, and strengthen the entire application process.
Meet the Radian Bots
Learn about Robotic Process Automation and the "bots" that assist Radian's operations teams.
Risk and Reward: A Women in Housing Special Edition
Radian’s SVP of Enterprise Risk Management shares her insights on trends shaping the industry and advice to young professionals.