February 28, 2019
Top Takeaways from the 2019 Structured Finance Industry Group Conference
1. Economic Outlook Remains PositiveDespite 4Q18 volatility and 1Q19 government disruption, the economic outlook for 2019 remains positive. While growth is expected to ease compared to a more robust 2018, key indicators still point to a solid performance.
2. Healthy Consumer CreditTight labor markets, highlighted by low unemployment, strong job creation and accelerating wage growth, support healthy consumer credit fundamentals in 2019. Plus, consumers have meaningfully reduced their household debt-to-income since the financial crisis, placing them on more solid footing.
3. Growth in RMBSNew-issue RMBS reached a post-crisis record last year with even more growth expected in 2019—especially in the non-prime and non-qualified mortgage space. More originators are moving into closed-end second mortgage and HELOC issuance amid rising interest rates and elevated home equity.
4. Continued Home Price AccelerationWhile home price growth has been decelerating, home prices have continued to rise nationally on a year-over-year basis. Home price appreciation is forecast to continue in 2019.
5. New TechnologyBlockchain and artificial intelligence are the leading technologies powering innovation in the structured finance industry. Blockchain is a system of storing digital information in an encrypted and distributed way. Artificial Intelligence employs predictive analytics to carry out intelligent tasks in real-time. Combined, the two technologies can manage immense databases, strengthen cyber-security protocols, and make the most profitable decisions in a fraction of the time.
7.9% Year-Over-Year Increase in Median Prices According to the New Radian Home Price Index
In data released in September 2019, the Radian Home Price Index (HPI) showed a 7.9 percent year-over-year increase in median values.
4 Strategies Servicers Can Utilize to Keep Default Rates Low
Read key strategies servicers can use to keep default rates low in the mortgage landscape of changing regulations and increased transparency.
Understanding Alternative Valuation Types
There are a variety of valuation products on the market that vary in complexity. Read more about the different valuation options available.
Four Reasons to Buy a Home Now
Download this infographic that highlights four important reasons why right now may be the best time to buy a home.
Transformation in the Valuation Industry Webinar
Watch our experts help you ensure you are leveraging effective tools to improve the accuracy of your valuations and manage cost.
September 2019 Event Takeaways
Read our key takeaways from all September 2019's big events to help you stay well-informed on the latest trends in the industry.
REO Manager’s Sales Checklist
Read our essential checklist for servicers and REO managers to efficiently prepare their assets for sale to compete in the market.
Minority Household Growth is an Opportunity for Mortgage Lenders
Read about the growing segment of minority borrowers and see how lenders can better serve their homeownership needs.
Demo: Radian Real Estate Analytics Portal
Learn about the latest advances in housing intelligence, including computer vision artificial intelligence.
Top 5 Misconceptions Keeping Millennials from Homeownership
Read how to address the top 5 misconceptions that are keeping Millennials from purchasing their first home.