February 27, 2019Asset Manager, C-Suite, Default Manager, Investor, Operations, Quality Control, Industry News, Origination, Secondary Market, Servicing
Top Takeaways from the 2019 Structured Finance Industry Group Conference
1. Economic Outlook Remains PositiveDespite 4Q18 volatility and 1Q19 government disruption, the economic outlook for 2019 remains positive. While growth is expected to ease compared to a more robust 2018, key indicators still point to a solid performance.
2. Healthy Consumer CreditTight labor markets, highlighted by low unemployment, strong job creation and accelerating wage growth, support healthy consumer credit fundamentals in 2019. Plus, consumers have meaningfully reduced their household debt-to-income since the financial crisis, placing them on more solid footing.
3. Growth in RMBSNew-issue RMBS reached a post-crisis record last year with even more growth expected in 2019—especially in the non-prime and non-qualified mortgage space. More originators are moving into closed-end second mortgage and HELOC issuance amid rising interest rates and elevated home equity.
4. Continued Home Price AccelerationWhile home price growth has been decelerating, home prices have continued to rise nationally on a year-over-year basis. Home price appreciation is forecast to continue in 2019.
5. New TechnologyBlockchain and artificial intelligence are the leading technologies powering innovation in the structured finance industry. Blockchain is a system of storing digital information in an encrypted and distributed way. Artificial Intelligence employs predictive analytics to carry out intelligent tasks in real-time. Combined, the two technologies can manage immense databases, strengthen cyber-security protocols, and make the most profitable decisions in a fraction of the time.
Are You Ready for URLA Updates?
According to the GSEs, the new Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) is designed to enhance data quality, improve consistency and clarity, and strengthen the entire application process.
Podcast: The Accelerated Digitization of Title
Learn how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital solutions in the title industry.
Meet the Radian Bots
Learn about Robotic Process Automation and the "bots" that assist Radian's operations teams.
Risk and Reward: A Women in Housing Special Edition
Radian’s SVP of Enterprise Risk Management shares her insights on trends shaping the industry and advice to young professionals.
Meet the Faces of SFR
Radian’s SFR operations team shares their insights on changes impacting the industry.
Podcast: Single Family Rentals in the Pandemic
Learn how the single family rental market has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Podcast: Home Prices in the Pandemic
Six months into the U.S. COVID-19 pandemic, how is the housing market faring?
Demo: Radian Real Estate Analytics Portal
Learn about the latest advances in housing intelligence, including computer vision artificial intelligence.
Meet the Faces of Title
The Radian Title Services sales leaders share their insights on changes impacting the title industry.
The Evolution of Valuations: How Technology is Changing the Landscape
Radian and Fannie Mae discuss how the industry has evolved over recent years and how technology could impact the future.